November 3, 2016
Air China Business Class A330 Review
Straight to the Point
I recently flew Air China business class from Beijing to Hong Kong (3hours 25 minutes) as part of an award ticked on an A-330. The overall flight was great, but the Chinese ban on in-flight cell phone use was frustrating!
- The business class seats were laid out in a 2-2-2 configuration with tons of legroom and were very comfortable.
- Each seat was fully adjustable and could be made into a lie-flat bed via the electronic buttons on the armrest and came with a footrest. I managed to take a short nap in my fully reclining seat on the way to Hong Kong.
- Each seat also came with slippers, a pillow, a blanket, and headphones-which was a pleasant surprise considering this is a fairly short flight.
Food and Drinks
- The food selection was also pretty good for a three-and-a-half-hour flight.
- The main course options were Dory fish, GongBao Chicken, and Sautéed Mushrooms with cake and fruit for dessert.
- I went with the GongBao chicken and thought it was fine-again considering this is such a short flight.
- I was excited to take lots of pictures as I usually do in premium cabins when I was told we weren’t allowed to use our phones during the flight-not even in airplane mode.
- Apparently China prohibits customers of its local airlines from using phones during the entire flight. So I could only take pictures during the boarding process.
- This is obviously an extremely outdated regulation and I hope China updates its laws to keep up with the norm of international aviation.