June 27, 2018
Amex Platinum Card adds Annual $100 Saks Fifth Avenue Benefit
The Platinum Card from American Express comes with a hefty $550 annual price tag. Amex recently relaunched the card with a host of additional benefits and fee credits to justify that price and it’s kept adding more benefits over time. As a reminder, here’s the main perks:
- $200 annual airline fee credit
- $200 annual Uber credit
- $100 Global entry or $85 TSA Pre-Check credit every four years
- Hilton Honors, Starwood, and Marriott Gold status
- Priority Pass lounge membership
- American Express Centurion lounge access
- Delta SkyClub access (when flying Delta same day)
- LufthansaSenator and Business Class lounge access (given certain conditions)
- 5x Amex points per $1 on airfare
The Platinum Card is gaining an additional benefit on July 1, 2018. Cardholders will receive an annual $100 Saks Fifth Avenue credit. American Express is releasing an annual $50 credit between January-June and another annual $50 credit between June-December. You can register online beginning July 1, 2018. There’s no minimum spend requirement and you can expect to see a statement credit within 2-4 weeks of your purchase. Best of all, both online and in-store purchases qualify!
This is a great addition to the Platinum Card. I don’t normally shop at Saks but I can definitely find $50 worth of products to purchase a couple times a year for free!
Featured Image Courtesy of Getty Images