October 6, 2017
An Overview of Marriott Elite Status
Every since Marriott acquired Starwood back in October 2016, the two companies have been introducing matching perks. For example, Marriott and Starwood credit cards now offer reciprocal benefits, you can transfer points between Marriott and Starwood at a 3:1 ratio, and you can status match between the two programs. This means if you have Gold or Platinum status with SPG, you can match for the same status level at Marriott and vise versa. Marriott has three publicly available tiers of elite status-Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
Marriott Silver Elite
Members who stay 10+ nights a year at Marriott properties receive Silver Elite status with the following perk:
- 20% Bonus Points for eligible stays
Marriott Gold Elite
Members who stay 50+ nights a year at Marriott properties receive Gold Elite status with the following perks:
- 25% Bonus Points for eligible stays
- Free in-room internet access
- Guaranteed bed type request in the U.S. and Canada. Outside the U.S. and Canada, smoking/nonsmoking preferences are honored based on availability. If the guarantee is not met, guests receive compensation between $25-$100 depending on the Marriott property.
- Complimentary room upgrade based on availability
- Guaranteed 4 PM late checkout, subject to availability at resort and convention hotels
- Lounge access and breakfast for two
Marriott Platinum Elite
Members who stay 75+ nights a year at Marriott properties receive Platinum Elite status. This comes with all the perks of Gold Elite status plus the following:
- 50% Bonus Points for eligible stays
- 48-hour guaranteed room availability
- Choose either Bonus Points or Amenity Gift on arrival
The Marriott Rewards Premier card can help accelerate your way to elite status. It comes with an annual 15-night credit, which automatically gets you Silver Elite status. You’ll also earn an additional one night credit for every $3,000 you spend on the card.
Images Courtesy of Marriott