October 26, 2016
Bid on 2 AMA tickets with Starpoints!
Straight to the Point
Starwood Preferred Guest is currently offering sets of two tickets to the 2016 American Music Awards which you can bid on using your Starpoints!
What is SPG Moments?
SPG Moments is a way to redeem your Starwood Preferred Guest points for once in a lifetime experiences. You can redeem points for culinary experiences with celebrity chefs, Broadway shows, a cruise to Antarctica, concerts around the world with artists like Adele and Andrea Bocelli, AMA tickets, World Series tickets and more! SPG Moments awards run on a bidding system. So each award has a minimum redemption amount that SPG members bid on. The highest bidder gets the award!
American Music Awards Tickets
- SPG Moments currently has up for bid five packages of two Orchestra level tickets to the 2016 AMA at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on November 20. The package also comes with access to the official after party at the J.W. Marriott in Los Angeles.
- The lowest current bid is 40,500 starpoints as of this writing.
- For anyone who doesn’t know, the AMA is an award ceremony for musicians with winners being voted on by the general public.
- Artists performing this year include: Green Day, Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Sting, Twenty One Pilots and more!
Should You Bid?
- This really depends on how much love you have for this genre of music and your desire to attend an award ceremony like this. It looks like a fun chance to fly out to LA and bump shoulders with some great artists.
- The bids for these tickets aren’t cheap. I value Starpoints at a conservative $0.03 a piece as that’s the minimum redemption value I look for when redeeming for things like first class flights or hotel suites (you can often times get far move value per point).
- So for this example, if you have a current minimum bid of 40,500 points x $0.03 per point =$1,215 worth of Starpoints.
- I’m personally going to pass on this offer as I’d rather use those points for first class flights. But if you really want to attend the AMA, this is a great opportunity to use your points to do so!