August 29, 2017
Earn 60,000 AA Miles after First Purchase with the Aviator Card
Flying is just one of several ways to earn airline miles these days, and it’s often the least lucrative way. Credit cards offer a gold mine of opportunities to easily earn thousands of frequent flyer miles. Here’s our guide to travel credit card basics.
Barclaycard just increased its sign-up bonus on the AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite MasterCard to 60,000 American Airline miles after your first purchase. What makes this offer fairly unique is that there is no minimum spend requirement to earn the sign-up bonus. Cards with large sign-up bonuses like this typically require around $3,000 in spending. All you have to pay here is the $95 annual fee and make one purchase. The card comes with the following additional perks:
- Earn 2X miles per $1 on American Airlines purchases
- Get 10% of your redeemed miles back
- Earn $3,000 AA Elite Qualifying Dollars after spending $25,000 in the calendar year
- First checked bag free on American Airlines
- Preferred boarding
- 25% discount on AA inflight food and beverages
- No foreign transaction fees
This is a very easy way to earn 60,000 AAdvantage miles, which come in very handy when booking Oneworld partner flights, like Qatar’s new Qsuite Business Class. I fly American very rarely, but this sign-up bonus sure is tempting.