December 1, 2016
Eurostar launching London to Amsterdam in late 2017
Straight to the Point
- Eurostar is launching a new high speed rail line between London and Amsterdam by the end of 2017!
- Eurostar is a high speed rail service (up to 186 mph) which connects the UK and mainland Europe.
- The rail line travels under the English Chanel and takes you from London to Paris in 2h 15min and London to Brussels in just 2 hours.
- There’s several other smaller destinations as well which you can find here but these are the two most notable ones.
- Eurostar has announced plans to begin a London-Amsterdam route.
- The trip is expected to take around four hours with twice daily service between the two cities.
- Eurostar is considering adding stops in Antwerp, Rotterdam, and Amsterdam Schiphol.
- The trains will be Siemen’s 900-seat cars and will be equipped with Wi-Fi! (By the time 2017 rolls around they better be).
- Back in 2013 Eurostar announced plans to launch this route by the end of 2016.
- As of November 2016, Eurostar has pushed back the launch date to late 2017.
- Competition along frequent travel routes is always a great thing for consumers! It a welcome sign to see another serious alternative to flying coming online in the next year.
- Although I love flying, trains are often cheaper, more comfortable, and can be faster when factoring in all the time saved by avoiding the long wait time at airports.
- Remember to make rail purchases on a credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, which gets you 3X points per dollar and has no foreign transaction fees! Always maximize your purchases 🙂