October 18, 2016
Five reasons to visit Disney World during Halloween!
Straight to the Point
- During select days in September and October, the Magic Kingdom will close its normal operating hours at 7PM and commence Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party!
- The Halloween party is a ticketed event separate from regular park admission. So on days with the Halloween party, a regular park ticket will grant you access to the park from opening-7:00PM. If you want to stay through the night for the special Halloween events (which you should), you need to buy a separate special ticket for admission.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular
- The Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus put on a show several times a night on select days in front of Cinderella’s castle. You can see a clip of the action here.
- There’s rock themed Halloween music, cool lighting, singing, and fireworks!
- A wide cast of villains joins along including Oogie Boogie, Maleficent, Hades, Cruella de Vil, and more!
- If you’re at the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party, you should definitely take the time to see this unique show which you can’t see any other time of year.
Happy HalloWishes Fireworks
- Disney’s villains light up Cinderella’s castle with special Halloween fireworks, music, and lights!
- I’d definitely recommend seeing this show. It’s very different from the normal fireworks Disney does every night over Cinderella’s castle. You can see a clip of the HalloWishes Fireworks here!
Boo-to-You Halloween Parade
- Watch as a stream of Disney characters parades through the park with “Boo-to-You” music. You’ll see some cool villains during the parade.
- I’d say the parade was nothing too special. If you’ve seen other Disney parades you won’t miss much by skipping this as it’s fairly similar to the daytime parades.
- The best part is seeing a headless horseman riding through the streets with eerie music playing!
Scream-o-Ween Dance Party
- This is a Monsters Inc dance party located in Tomorrowland. You’ll find Mike and Sully dancing with park guests.
- This is entertaining if you have kids who want to dance or burn off extra energy, but aside from that I’d put this at the bottom of my to-do list as there are many better activities you can be doing for the Halloween Party.
What to do
- Many of the main attractions and popular rides will remain open after 7:00 PM for guests to enjoy.
- Visit thirteen locations throughout the Magic Kingdom to Trick-or-Treat and collect candy from giant barrels.
- Feel free to come dressed in your Halloween costume! You’ll see tons of visitors dressed up with their kids.
- Meet exclusive Disney Characters!
- There are twenty locations throughout the park to greet and take pictures with various Disney characters, some of whom you’ll only be able to meet during the Halloween season.
- Some notable characters to meet include-Tinker Bell, Tarzan, Jack Skellington, Sally, all Seven Dwarfs, Cruella de Vil, and the Queen of Hearts.