July 17, 2017
JetBlue Mint is Coming to Las Vegas and Seattle!
Back in April we wrote about how JetBlue was expanding its Mint service (First Class) to three new routes. Mint is a great way to fly as it offers fully lie-flat seats, your own individual enclosed ‘suite’, and a pretty good selection of food. It’s also usually priced below domestic First Class on legacy carriers and forces other airlines to match their level of service on Mint routes and/or lower their own prices to match JetBlue. Well, JetBlue just announced that it’s bringing its successful Mint seats to the following three routes beginning in 2018:
- Boston (BOS)-Las Vegas (LAS) beginning January 4, 2018
- Boston (BOS)-Seattle (SEA) beginning February 15, 2018
- New York (JFK)-Seattle (SEA) beginning April 15, 2018
JetBlue is also expanding the number of Mint flights it operates on the following routes:
- New York (JFK)-Los Angeles (LAX)
- New York (JFK)- St. Marten (SXM) beginning January 13, 2018
- Boston (BOS)-San Francisco (SFO)
- Boston (BOS)-Aruba (AUA) beginning February 17, 2018
- Boston (BOS)-St. Marten (SXM) beginning February 17, 2018
JetBlue’s enhanced Mint schedule will offer 80 flights on 20 routes per day! This is great for customers as we’ll have a few more options to fly and it should incentivize legacy carriers to fix their sub-par service. As someone based in Boston, I’m thrilled that Boston is getting a lot of love from JetBlue with all these new Mint. Airlines typically focus most of their attention on the New York market. Marty St. George, executive vice president of commercial and planning at JetBlue, released the following statement:
“We’re bringing even more Mint to markets in every corner of our route map where travelers are overdue for an upgrade to the so-called ‘first-class’ flights offered by other airlines”.