November 30, 2017
Air France’s Joon Announces 7 More Routes
Joon is Air France’s new low cost ‘Millennial Airline’. It seeks to compete with other low fare airlines like Ryanair, EasyJet, Norwegian etc. Joon, based in Paris (CDG) first began offering flights to Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Porto, Fortaleza, and Mahe. The airline just announced its next seven destinations.
Short-Haul Beginning March 25, 2018
Economy Class passengers get free beverages and can purchase food on short-haul flights. Passengers can stream in-flight entertainment to their phones, tablets, and laptops. Business Class passengers receive free beverages and a meal. Flights start at 39 euros one-way. Joon will operate the following routes with a mix of A320 and A321 aircraft.
- Paris (CDG)- Istanbul 7X flights per week
- Paris (CDG)- Naples 14X flights per week
- Paris (CDG)- Oslo 18X flights per week
- Paris (CDG)- Rome 49X flights per week
Long-Haul Beginning March 25, 2018
Economy, Premium Economy, and Business Class passengers will receive free beverages and 1-2 free meals on long-haul flights. Passengers can purchase additional food as well. Passengers can watch hundreds of films on the touch screen entertainment system. Flights start at 149 euros one-way. Joon will operate the following routes with A340 aircraft:
- Paris (CDG)- Cairo 7X flights per week starting March 25, 2018
- Paris (CDG)- Cape Town 3X flights per week starting April 1, 2018
- Paris (CDG)-Tehran 3X flights per week starting April 2, 2018
I have no idea what’s ‘Millennial’ about this airline. The flight attendants wear bright blue outfits and look young…that’s about it from what I can tell. Will you be flying Joon?
Images Courtesy of Joon