November 19, 2016
Lounge Review-Lufthansa First Class Munich
Straight to the Point
I had the opportunity to visit Lufthansa’s first class lounge in Munich when I was traveling from Munich to Beijing on a Lufthansa first class award ticket. I LOVED this lounge and can’t wait to visit again!
Accessing the Lounge
- Lufthansa only allows guests with a same day Lufthansa or Swiss first class ticket to access it’s first class lounges.
- You can be flying into or out of the airport on a Lufthansa or Swiss first class ticket to gain access.
- First class passengers flying on other partner Star Alliance airlines do not have access to the Lufthansa first class lounge. They have a choice of either the Business or Senator lounge (Senator is the better of the two).
- This makes the Lufthansa first class lounge fairly exclusive to get into.
- There’s an expansive seating area throughout the lounge designed with Lufthansa’s traditional brown colors.
- You’ll find various chocolates and fruits spread out along the coffee tables throughout the lounge. Many of the seats also have drink menus.
- There were several attentive waitresses who’d periodically come by to ask if I needed anything. So, I had a glass of free apricot brandy while enjoying the lounge.
- There are also several private work rooms available on a first come first served basis.
- There’s a terrific dining room area with full service food and drink menus.
- Because my flight was at night, there were dinner options available when I visited. Some of the menu items were a 100% Wagyu Beef burger, Beef Fillet. Viennese Schnitzel, Ikarimi Salmon, Bavarian Sausages, and more!
- I had the Vienese Schnitzel and loved it!
- If you don’t want to order off the menu, they also offer a full buffet with various hot and cold dishes.
Drinks and Cigars
- Of course you’ll find a fully stocked bar with nearly every drink you’d want-all free.
- If you’re a smoker, there’s also a cigar room inside the lounge for you to enjoy.
- All of Lufthansa’s lounges always stand out as being VERY clean and well designed.
- The highlight of the first class lounge is the shower rooms.
- There’s several marble bathrooms available on a first come first served basis with full showers-which was super fun!
- This was my first time taking a shower at an airport and, while it felt pretty awkward at first, it was a surprisingly great way to destress before my ten-hour flight.
- No Lufthansa first class lounge review is complete without a mention of their famous rubber ducks!
- The Lufthansa first class lounges in Munich and Frankfurt have specially themed rubber ducks that you can ask for as a souvenir.
- These designs are all limited and change periodically.
- I had the pleasure of getting a soccer duck which celebrated Germany’s win at the World Cup!
- Overall I loved my experience in the Munich first class lounge. The whole atmosphere was very relaxing and the color scheme they had was great.
- The servers were attentive and helped with everything I needed. The food and drinks were top notch and the lounge wasn’t overly crowded when I visited.
- If you get the change to fly Lufthansa first class, make sure you allocate enough time to enjoy the full lounge experience before your flight.
- Br sure to book your first class flight out of Frankfurt or Munich as these airports have the best Lufthansa lounges.
- You can find my review of the actual first class flight here.