February 14, 2017
Limited Time Offer: Earn 75K Hilton Points by Opening Citi Hilton Card
Straight to the Point
Earn a limited-time bonus of 75,000 Hilton HHonors points when you open a Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card!
The normal bonus for the Citi Hilton HHonors Visa Signature card is 40,000 Hilton points after spending $1,000 in the first four month. For a limited time, Citi is raising the offer to 75,000 Hilton points after spending $2,000 in the first three months.
Credit Card Perks
- No Annual Fee
- Earn 6 Hilton points per $1 spent at Hilton properties.
- Earn 3 Hilton points per $1 spent at supermarkets, drugstores & gas stations.
- Earn 2 Hilton points per $1 spent everywhere else.
- Automatic Silver Status-15% bonus on all base points, late check-out, free water.
- Fast track to Gold Status-Spend $20,000+ in a calendar year or make 4 stays within 90 days of account opening and enjoy 25% bonus on all base points and space-available room upgrades.
- Earn 10,000 bonus points at the end of each calendar year when you spend $1,000+ on Hilton stays.
Should you get it?
There are several subtle benefits aside from the listed perks. One of the factors that goes into determining your credit score is the length of time your credit accounts have been open. The longer your credit history, the better your score. A no fee credit card is a great way boost your score since you can essentially keep it forever, thereby increasing the length of your credit history, for free! I still have the first credit card I got in high school because it’s my oldest credit line and has no annual fee. I just make a small purchase on it once every couple years as it’s pretty useless for my travel goals at this point.
One drawback of this card is that it does charge foreign transaction fees. So it only makes sense to use it in the US. There’s no point in paying a 3% foreign transaction fee when there are so many cards that don’t charge anything. Also remember that per Citi’s sign-up rules, you’re not eligible to earn the 75,000 sign-up bonus if you’ve opened any Citi Hilton card in the past 24 months.
75,000 bonus points is a lot for a card with no annual fee. If you already have all the premium cards you need, this is a good way to earn some easy Hilton points and positively impact your credit score over the long term. It’s worth considering even if you don’t normally stay at Hilton properties as it comes with automatic Silver status. You can just get the sign-up bonus, forget about the card, and still enjoy those status perks on the rare occasions you do end up staying at a Hilton. Remember there’s no annual fee for this card!