May 31, 2017
Norwegian is Launching $189 Flights to ROME from Three US Cities
Norwegian Air’s launching flights between the US and Europe like crazy this year-and they’re all insanely cheap. We had $65 flights to the UK a few months ago along with $89 flights to Norway. The budget carrier is set to begin operating flights starting at $189 from three US cities to Rome come November on the following routes:
- Newark-Rome begins November 9, 2017, 4 times per week.
- Los Angeles-Rome begins November 11, 2017, 2 times per week.
- Oakland-Rome begins February 6, 2018, 2 times per week.
Norwegian will begin selling flights to Rome this Wednesday. You can book your tickets directly on Norwegian’s website. If this appeals to you, you should book it quickly as these introductory prices will likely sell out fast. Flights from Newark start at $189 one-way while flights from Los Angeles and Oakland start at $229.
Norwegian has been doing wonders to the transatlantic airline market. While it’s a budget airline and charges extra for everything (think luggage, carry-ons, food etc), it’s cheap base fares have forced US legacy carriers and major international airlines to drop their economy class prices to compete. We’re now regularly seeing sub-$400 roundtrip flights from airlines like Lufthansa and Delta on these routes, something that was unimaginable just a few years ago. Norwegian is still considering other routes between the US and Europe, so stay tuned for even more cheap fares!
How to Pay
- Platinum Card from American Express-Earn 5X Membership Rewards points per $1 on airfare purchased directly with an airline.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve-Earn 3X Ultimate Reward points per $1 on travel purchases.
H/T: USA Today