November 14, 2017
Singapore Airlines Devaluing Star Alliance Award Chart Next Month
Singapore Airlines is devaluing part of its KrisFlyer frequent flyer program beginning December 7, 2017. On the downside, it’s getting more expensive to book partner Star Alliance award flights. On the bright side, KrisFlyer members will be able to book partner awards online or via the Singapore mobile app. Since customers can now book partner awards online, the airline is implementing a $25 or 2,500 KrisFlyer mile booking fee for partner awards booked over the phone.
Here’s a screenshot of Singapore’s new Star Alliance partner award chart, which you can also access here. The main takeaway is that a lot of premium cabin award tickets are going to cost more miles, with the most drastic hikes hovering around a 25% increase. Here’s a few examples:
- North America-Europe: 80,000 to 95,000 miles
- North America-Middle East/North Africa: 75,000 to 90,000 miles
- North America-North Asia: 100,000 to 125,000 miles
- North America-Middle East/North Africa: 57,500 to 69,000 miles
- North America-North Asia: 87,500 to 105,000 miles
- North America-Southwest Pacific: 97,500 to 117,000 miles
- North America-Middle East/North Africa: 37,500 to 45,000 miles
- North America-North Asia 1: 45,000 to 48,000 miles
- North America-Southwest Pacific: 55,000 to 60,000 miles
Keep in mind that these changes only affect Singapore Airlines partner awards, not awards on Singapore’s own aircraft. You can find info on Singapore’s latest changes to booking awards on its own metal here.